The Downs is a large two form entry Primary School, in Walmer with 14 classes.
We have extensive grounds and excellent resources.
Our Governing Body works very closely on school leadership, improvement and development opportunities with school staff.
In April 2019, The Downs CEP school became a founding member of the Deal Education Learning Alliance Trust (DEALT) which is a MAT comprised of eight local primary schools within Deal and the surrounding villages. This unique and exciting collaboration of local schools work together to ensure the very best outcomes for all pupils and their families within our town.
Members of DEALT:
- Northbourne Church of England Primary School
- The Downs Church of England Primary School
- Kingsdown and Ringwould Church of England Primary School
- Deal Parochial Church of England Primary School
- Sholden Church of England Primary School
- Hornbeam Primary School
- Sandown School
- Worth Primary School
Alongside DEALT, The Downs CEP also belongs to a wider group of schools working together, this group is known as the Deal Learning Alliance (DLA). The DLA includes all of the schools in DEALT and also includes all remaining schools within the local area.
Members of DLA:
- All DEALT schools, plus:
- St Margarets at Cliffe Primary School
- Warden House Primary School
- St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
- Temple Ewell Church of England Primary School
This unique and exciting collaboration of local schools work together to ensure the very best
outcomes for all pupils and their families within our town. At The Downs CEP we are proud to be part of such an exceptional group of schools. Formally working together we are able to share a wealth of professional experience in order for our pupils at The Downs CEP to benefit from the best our community has to offer.